Saturday 22 August 2020

Catch Up

Gods Own Scale Patreon 

Well, things are ticking along quite nicely since the relaunch of the podcast. I'm over two months back in, I've doubled the number of episodes and now launched a Patreon to help keep the lights on!

I've stressed elsewhere that the existence of the podcast does not depend on Patreon , but every little bit helps!

My wargaming butterfly is in full flight at the moment. Having listed everything I own on Twitter, I'm rather embarrassed by the mass of 'stuff' I own. I'm constantly in a battle as to whether to sell off unused collections to help fund new projects, or just to let them lie and maybe give them the chance to shine once again at some point in the future. I've never been one to have any sentimental attachment to figures, but having sold collections previously, I do suffer with regret almost the moment they are out of my hands. 


I'll try and post some pictures up over the next few days of where I am with the 9 (NINE!) projects on the go. Some are close to done, some are yet to start. But they are my focus for the rest of this year. 

9 is really too many. Ideally I'd have 2 or 3 projects running alongside each other to maintain interest. Having 9 on the go runs the risk of burnout or just being overwhelmed. I'm going to try and be sensible and maybe look at dedicating a week to one thing at a time and seeing where that gets me.

Frustratingly, Blenhiem Blitz is nowhere on the horizon and not one of the 9. But, it will happen. Next year now. A long time ago on this blog I stated an interest in fighting some of the iconic battles of history.  Blenhiem falls into this category. But first...Antietam,  Mons, Thiepval, Guildford Courthouse, Rorkes Drift, Sacile, the Alma and Austerlitz!


More soon...


1 comment:

  1. Magnificent beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a blog website? The account helped me a acceptable deal. war of 1812 service files

    ReplyDelete